Occupational Qualification: SAQA 94597
NQF Level 3 (Credits 163) – QCTO accredited
Development Quality Partner – HWSETA
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to:
- Carry out basic assessments of communities, households, groups and individuals
- Provide basic health education and referrals for a wide range of services
- Support and assist in navigating the health and social services
Recipients of this qualification will be able to:
- Conduct assessments of the social, physical and economic dynamics in communities
- Conduct household assessments and identify those at risk of health related issues including impairments in health
- Provide information, education and support for healthy behaviors and appropriate home care
- Provide psycho-social support
- Identify and manage minor health problems
NQF Level 1 or equivalent competences in Mathematical Literacy and Communications
This qualification will allow you to move vertically to a:
- Higher Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work at NQF Level 5
- Further Education & Training Certificate: Community Health Work at NQF Level 4
- Full-time (1 year): 6 months theory and 6 months practical tasks and workplace experience/revision classes. Includes ongoing assessments.
- Part-time: every Saturday morning. Includes ongoing assessments and practical tasks & workplace experience.
- Online (E-Learning): 6 months theory and 6 months practical tasks and workplace experience/revision classes. Includes ongoing assessments.
Procedure towards competency
Classes are lecture based with a certain amount of practical sessions and work place training. Students are to compile a portfolio of evidence containing all of their assessments, practical tasks, workplace experience and student feedback for the duration of the course. Students will only be found competent upon successfully completion of the course and will receive their National Certificate once portfolios are inspected and endorsed by HWSETA.
Graduation is an important and exciting affair. These are the requirements for successful completion of the course:
- Assessment as “Competent” in each of the Qualification’s Unit Standards.
- At least 50% total result for each of the additional modules.
- 75% attendance record.
- Completion of all Assignments and workplace experience.
- Upon endorsement by HWSETA through the verification process.
- Provided all fees are paid up.
Learners are not required to purchase any textbooks in order to complete the course. Course material is provided and the cost is included in tuition fees.
|REGISTRATION FEE |
(PART OF FEES)
| ADMIN FEE |
(PART OF FEES)
|EXAM / POE |
|DURATION OF THE |
|TOTAL COURSE |
|R1200.00||R3000.00||R1400 x 9||R1100 x 2||12 Months||R19000.00|